Saturday 6 January 2018

New Year, New Poems for Redheads and Canadians

Although the holidays, and my family, gave me time to catch up on some reading, I feel I haven't written anything substantial in many (many) months. I must have managed to do a fair bit, though, up to at least a certain point last year, and everything seems to be coming out now at once.

If you are a redhead, or just a connoisseur, check out this at times funny, at times touching, at times surprisingly thought-provoking collection of poetry, drama and short fiction, Canadian Ginger (Oolichan Books, 2017):


Editors Kim Clark and Dawn Kresan, both gingers themselves, kindly included my poem "Calico," even though it's about my angst at being a blonde in a family of blazing redheads.

Hamilton Arts & Letters, meanwhile, published my way more political poem "Canada" in their latest issue, 10.2. I'll also be reading from Lost Enough in Hamilton in May, at LitLive!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Crazy / Mad in the Media

I am tremendously grateful for the bits of media interest and promo  Crazy / Mad has received so far, and am reveling in it all while it la...